“The mission of The Walt Disney Company is to be one of the world’s leading producers and providers of entertainment and information. Using our portfolio of brands to differentiate our content, services and consumer products, we seek to develop the most creative, innovative and profitable entertainment experiences and related products in the world” (The Walt Disney Company)
“Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful” (Google).
What do both of the above have in common? First and foremost, they are the Mission Statements for 2 of the most successful corporations in America today.
Mission Statements are extremely important and beneficial to businesses as the statement keeps the organization focused and striving to meet goals that fulfill its purpose.
The Mission Statement here at Dream Live Thrive is:
To inspire our readers to dream big, live courageously, and thrive in every aspect of life so to create a positive influence in the world.
This Mission Statement is the backbone of every post on this website and I take it to heart when living out each day. In addition to this mission statement, I have a personal mission statement. Personal mission statements are equally beneficial to individuals as they are to businesses. Personal mission statements can refocus and reinvigorate the individual on their purpose for living and the reasons behind their actions.
Isn’t that what we all want to know? Our purpose for living, I mean.
Even if you aren’t 99% sure of your great purpose for life, writing a mission statement based on what you would like your purpose to be is a great place to start.
How to Write your Personal Mission Statement
- Start by brainstorming some positive traits and characteristics you possess or would like to possess and write them down.
- Select 3-4 of these and think of what it looks like to live with these traits. Write a sentence about this for each one.
- Look at your sentences and see if any of them flow together. Write them down and make them flow together.
- Google search some of your favorite company’s mission statements for inspiration and see how they’re structured.
- Revisit your trait sentences and using your new inspiration to write a few options for your personal mission statement. Combine 2 together if that works best!
- Select the best one, write it down and post it where you will see it every day to remind yourself. Maybe even make it a background on one of your devices!
To help you with this process, I will show you my own process of getting to my personal mission statement:
- Loving, happy, virtuous, courageous, successful, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, inspiring, fun! A dreamer, hopeful, faithful
- Loving-love others to the best of my ability
- Virtuous live with integrity and act in a way that inspires others to do the same
- Fun-I want to live an adventurous life full of laughter and excitement!
- Faithful-trust God with where I am going and follow his lead
- Live with integrity, love, excitement, and inspire others to do the same.
- My example mission statements are at the top of the page 🙂
- To L.I.V.E. a life of Love, Inspiration, Virtue, and excitement
- To dream big, live faithfully and adventurously
- To dream, L.I.V.E., and thrive. Live a life full of Love, Inspiration, Virtue, and Excitement.
- To dream, L.I.V.E., and thrive. Live a life full of Love, Integrity, Virtue, and Excellence.
- We have a winner!! My personal mission statement is:
To dream, L.I.V.E., and thrive, by living a life full of Love, Inspiration, Virtue, and Excitement.
I hope that you are inspired to create your own mission statement to help you live your live to the fullest! Share your personal mission statements in the comments below 🙂 I look forward to reading all of them!
Dream big! Live courageously! And Thrive!